John has been married to Deanna for 57 years and has 4 children; Michael, Lisa, Matthew and Gregory. John loves spending time with his 13 grandchildren and getting together with the whole family!
"I would first like to thank you for giving me your confidence in the past four elections. It has been a privilege to serve you! During the past four years I have responded to over 1,200 requests for assistance and information. Clearly you have concerns, need information and want a hard working individual to look after your interests at City Hall. I ask you to give me the opportunity to continue to provide you with that service."
"I am again running for City Council because I believe that you deserve a representative who will listen to your concerns and questions. I have proven that I have the qualifications and experience within the City Hall system to address your needs. Ward #3 is a large and diverse community. With over 50 years’ experience as a Chartered Accountant and 50 years’ experience at City Hall, I am the best qualified candidate to represent the residents and businesses of this ward. I will continue to listen to your concerns and requests for assistance and I will continue to respond with action!"
"Within the next four year term I will strive to continue with the current program of replacing our aging infrastructure without double digit increases in our user fees. New parkland and recreational facilities for the Deer Ridge Area will be a top priority. I will continue to support preserving the Hidden Valley Lands as a Natural Public Area for future generations to enjoy. I will press to keep increases in property taxes below the inflation rate and I will work to guard against excessive increases in the rates charged for Gas, Hydro and Water and Stormwater fee. I am committed to open, public discussion by Council of all City affairs."
"With your sustained support I will use my knowledge and experience to continue to bring leadership, integrity, fiscal responsibility and transparency to City Hall. Please give me the opportunity to continue to represent you on City Council by voting for me on October 22nd, 2018.
Thank you for your continued support!"
- Member of St. Francis Parish, Kitchener.
- 30 Years as Volunteer Treasurer (KitchenerMinorHockeyAssociation).
- Former President - Executive, Waterloo- WellingtonChartered Accountants Association.
- Former member of St. Mary’s School of Nursing Advisory Board.
- Former member of St. Francis Parish Finance Committee.
- Reader and Altar Server at St. Francis Parish.
- Canvasser for numerous charities.
- Past Board Member of Grand River Hospital, Centre In The Square, Kitchener Housing Inc.and Homer Watson House Foundation.
- Parent volunteer in various school sports and academic activities.